Limited submission programs are restricted by sponsors in terms of the number of proposals that may be submitted by a single institution. The timing, dollar value, number of submittals, scope of work, and frequency of offering of the limited submission programs vary considerably.
To apply to these programs, principal investigators (PIs) must undergo a standard UAF internal review and selection process. An important step in this process is submitting a 3-page white paper that summarizes the proposal idea, its merits/impacts, and a draft budget. This white paper will be reviewed by the limited submission review committee. The committee will rank the white papers based on published criteria and make a recommendation to the Vice Chancellor for Research (VCR), who will take the final decision in this selection process. Top ranking PIs will be given the 'go ahead' by the VCR to submit a full proposal to the external agency.
Open Limited Submission Calls
Last updated December 5, 2016
Inclusion across the Nation of Communities of Learners of Underrepresented Discoverers in Engineering and Science (NSF INCLUDES) is a comprehensive national initiative designed to enhance U.S. leadership in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) discoveries and innovations focused on NSF's commitment to diversity, inclusion, and broadening participation in these fields. Submission deadlines:
- December 15, 2016 Notification to your Institute, College, or School and to the Office of Grants and Contracts Administration (OGCA)
- January 10, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. White paper submission, including budget, for UAF-wide competition
- January 20, 2017 VCR notifies selected PIs based on recommendations of the limited submissions committe. OGCA will also communicate this decision to the selected PIs, their respective dean/director, and relevant department fiscal/proposal staff.
- February 7, 2017 Pre-proposal due to OGCA
- February 14, 2017 by 5:00 pm submitter's local time: Preliminary proposal due (required)
- May 11, 2017 Full proposal due to OGCA
- May 16, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. submitter's local time: Full Proposal Deadline
- Download call for proposals